Are you a skilled overseas worker with skills needed in Australia? Or are you eager to experience Australian-living whilst working in your area of expertise?

Hands-on overseas work experience can be great for the CV.

The Skilled Migration visa is one of the best opportunities to gain permanent or temporary employment through an Australian government agency nomination or an employer sponsorship. However, there a number of other visa options for those looking to live and work in Australia.

There are also a number of involved steps in the process. Knowing which visa type suitably matches your qualifications, work experience and language proficiency can be tricky. And knowing the necessary requirements for each step can be equally challenging.

Let us help you guide you on your way to working overseas.

Work Visa categories:

  • General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas: The GSM Program is run through the SkillSelect service. Under SkillSelect you must first lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. Based on the results of your Skilled Migration Points Test, the Department will then invite you to apply for a General Skilled Migration visa, which include the following visa types:
    • Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
    • Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
    • Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
    • Skilled Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887)

The GSM Program has several specific features including a points-based system and a requirement to be invited to apply for a visa. In the event you do not have sufficient points to be eligible for a GSM visa you may apply for a Provisional Skilled Migration visa (which is a pathway to Permanent Residency visa), providing you are eligible to be nominated by a State or Territory Government, or to be sponsored by an eligible family member who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

  • Graduate Temporary visas (subclass 485): The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) is a work visa for international students who have completed two years of study in Australia. It can last from between 18 months and four years depending on your situation. It is a good way to extend your stay in Australia and to improve your chances of becoming eligible for a Permanent or Provisional Skilled visa.

Why choose Valet Migration to manage your Skilled Migration visa?

Skilled migration is a complex and lengthy process, particularly given Australian immigration law frequently changes.

There are numerous components, such as a skills assessment and English language test and strict guidelines for lodging your visa application and a requirement to maximise you Skilled Migration Points Test score.

Valet Migration has a wealth of experience in Australian immigration law and the skilled migration process. We can advise you on whether you qualify for a Skilled Migration visa as well as provide you with comprehensive assistance throughout the entire process to obtain your visa.


Address: Level 9, 84 Pitt St, Sydney 2000, NSW
Phone: 02 9191 5580
Mobile: 0401 052 241

 I agree to receive news and updates from Valet Migration.

Follow us on: